Care assistant, Duncreggan Residential Home
About the role
As a Care Assistant at Duncreggan, you will work with a great team providing care and support to adults with learning disabilities who live in a residential environment. Much of the role involves attending to the personal care needs of the people who we support. Regular checks and monitoring throughout the night are integral to the role.
Naturally, domestic duties form part of the role.
We’re looking for hard-working team players who are committed to high standards of care.
Full training is provided, so even if you don’t have much experience we still want to hear from you. We value interpersonal skills learned from other jobs such as hospitality and retail.
Shifts are typically 8:00am to 3:00pm; 3:00pm to 10:00pm; and 10:00pm to 8:00am for night duty.
Salary: £17,304 pro rata (£8.85 per hour)
Hours: 28/35 hours available
Timing: Day shift & occasional night shift
Application closing date: 28/08/2020
Who we’re looking for
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- NVQ in health and social care
- NVQ in child care
- NVQ in early years learning
- BTEC National Diploma in Social Care
- Other relevant qualification
Make your application stand out
It sounds simple, but your application form is your first opportunity to tell us who you are and why you want to work with us. Take the time to complete every section and give us as much information as you can:
- Your hobbies and interests are really important to us.
- Highlight all your relevant experience.
- Don’t forget to tell us about any unpaid experience you have.
- Report writing is a big part of every role. Show us your skills by laying out your application clearly, using correct spelling and grammar.
- Make sure to attach a current passport-size photo.
Shine at your interview
We understand that people get nervous at interviews but we know that we’ll get the best from you if the atmosphere is more relaxed. We’ll do our best to put you at ease, and there are some things you can do to prepare:
- Consider your clothing and present yourself appropriately. We think ‘smart/casual’ is about right.
- Turning up in your gym gear isn’t going to cut it!
- Prepare well for your interview and turn up in good time.
- Be aware of the work Fairways does, especially regarding the service area you’ve applied for.
- Think about the questions you might be asked. Take clues from the job advertisement, the qualifying criteria and the accompanying job description.
- Depending on the role you’ve applied for, we’ll put as much value on your effort and thought process, as we will on the right answer
If you have certificates for the qualifications you’ve listed on your application form, we encourage you to bring copies with you. Bringing relevant identification documents and your registration certificate and number for NISCC (if you have one) will also show that you’re well organised.
How to apply
Other ways to apply
Email completed application form to email@example.com