Support worker, Woodford Park
About the role
As a Support Worker at the Woodford Park Project you will work with a team of highly skilled people providing 24-hour support to adults with learning disabilities who require additional support due to a range of complex needs including behaviours that may cause concern. You will therefore have a sound knowledge and understanding of the various functions of behaviour and have an ability to work in an environment that can be challenging and fast paced. As such, our roles at Woodford Park are incredibly rewarding. You will have a hugely positive impact on some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We’re looking for hard-working team players who are committed to high standards of care.
Full training is provided, but we need people who have a minimum of two years experience of a suitable qualification that will evidence their understanding of the needs of the people who we support. We value interpersonal skills learned from other jobs such as hospitality and retail.
Shifts are typically 8:00am to 3:00pm; 3:00pm to 10:00pm; and 10:00pm to 8:00am for night duty.
Salary: £19,750.00 pro rata (£10.10 per hour)
Hours: 21/28/35 hours available
Timing: Day shift & occasional night shift + sleep-in
Application closing date: 21/08/2020
Who we’re looking for
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Two years experience or a relevant qualification
- NVQ in health and social care
- NVQ in child care
- NVQ in early years learning
- BTEC National Diploma in Social Care
- Other relevant qualification
Make your application stand out
It sounds simple, but your application form is your first opportunity to tell us who you are and why you want to work with us. Take the time to complete every section and give us as much information as you can:
- Your hobbies and interests are really important to us.
- Highlight all your relevant experience.
- Don’t forget to tell us about any unpaid experience you have.
- Report writing is a big part of every role. Show us your skills by laying out your application clearly, using correct spelling and grammar.
- Make sure to attach a current passport-size photo.
Shine at your interview
We understand that people get nervous at interviews but we know that we’ll get the best from you if the atmosphere is more relaxed. We’ll do our best to put you at ease, and there are some things you can do to prepare:
- Consider your clothing and present yourself appropriately. We think ‘smart/casual’ is about right.
- Turning up in your gym gear isn’t going to cut it!
- Prepare well for your interview and turn up in good time.
- Be aware of the work Fairways does, especially regarding the service area you’ve applied for.
- Think about the questions you might be asked. Take clues from the job advertisement, the qualifying criteria and the accompanying job description.
- Depending on the role you’ve applied for, we’ll put as much value on your effort and thought process, as we will on the right answer
If you have certificates for the qualifications you’ve listed on your application form, we encourage you to bring copies with you. Bringing relevant identification documents and your registration certificate and number for NISCC (if you have one) will also show that you’re well organised.
How to apply
Other ways to apply
Email completed application form to email@example.com
Complete forms and post to:
22 Cloonavin Park
T: 028 7035 9417